Our dearest Rachel of Academy Jewelry recently paired up with New York’s Of A Kind for a limited release of French Blue pieces. With the collaboration came an insider’s look to our lovely home city of Richmond, VA. Rachel covers all the essentials for a day trip to Richmond: coffee, shopping, museums, downtime, and of course, dinner. If you’ve never been to Richmond, now is the time to come. The weather is perfect, the people are friendly, and the BBQ is sweet. Come in and stay for a while.
From top to bottom:
1. Coffee: Lamplighter Roasting Company. “The best coffee in Richmond, hands down.”
2. Shopping: Halcyon Vintage. “This is an absolutely amazing locally owned vintage shop here. Angelica is incredible and totally gets my style.”
3. Browsing: The Virginia Museum of Fine Art. “This is actually one of the best places in Virginia, I think.”
4. Read: Chop Suey Tuey. “Chop Suey is a small new-and-used bookstore in Carytown, the coolest part of Richmond. Plus, there’s a cool gallery room with work by local artists.”
5. Work: Need Supply Co. “I spend most days in the studio here, and absolutely love being part of such a cool, creative team.”
6. Dinner: The Roosevelt. “It’s my favorite restaurant in Richmond, and not just because my man is occasionally in the kitchen.”
All photography via Of A Kind.