Elixir de Paloma
November 01 2015
Once the treats are gone and the tricks have been played, the scariest tradition of Halloween can begin – the morning after. Our friends at Saison have put together the elixir to revive even the most ghoulish of hangovers. So ditch the wigs, scrub off that glitter and get mixing to set yourself right on ol’ Hallow’s morn.
Ask with any cocktail, you’ll need to start by gathering your tools and ingredients;
1/2 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Grapefruit Juice (Fresh squeezed if you can.)
3/4 oz Espolón Tequila
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
A cocktail shaker
A can of San Pellegrino Limonata
Fresh lemon peel
and a nice tall glass
- Combine your Lime and grapefruit juices in a shaker. Add your favorite white Tequila (we’re fans of Espolón) and Green Chartreuse. Fill er’ up with ice and shake as vigorously as you can manage with that headache of yours.
- After shaking, strain through a sieve into a glass stacked high with ice. This will catch any stray pulp from your citrus juices. You did squeeze them fresh, right?
3. Your glass should be about three quarters full at this point. Top off that last quarter with your San Pelligrino.
4. Take your fresh lemon peel and twist. This is called ‘expressing’, and it releases the fresh oils and aromas into the cocktail. Use the twist to garnish the drink, we recommend using a spear.
5. The most important step; sit, sip, and enjoy!
Special thanks to Max Thayer at Saison for mixing this elixir.